COVID-19 Update 17 March 2020
Regis homes in lockdown for two weeks effective 5pm today, 17 March 2020. During this period we are still accepting new residents.
Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19 in our community and the known risk to vulnerable people, our homes will enter into a lockdown period for two weeks effective 5pm today (17/3). At this stage no Regis residents or employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
We understand that there will be some exceptional circumstances where visitors can still arrange to attend the home with our Facility Managers (for example end of life care) as long as they can:
- demonstrate that have no systems such as fever; flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue; shortness of breath
- haven’t been overseas in the previous 14 days and
- haven’t been in direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
We have planned different activities to keep our residents connected in a safe way and are currently working to provide technological means for them to keep in contact with their loved ones.
Other lifestyle activities are being reviewed in line with social distancing recommendations. Activities will be designed more around one to one, small group, online and outdoor activities where distance between residents is achievable.
During this period we are still accepting new residents- both permanent and respite- subject to them not demonstrating systems such as fever; flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue; shortness of breath. We are restricting admission times to between 12.30pm to 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Exceptional circumstances can be made for emergency admissions.
Instead of our usual tour process, we will offer special consultations in hospitals or people’s homes. If people would like to come see our homes we can arrange a meeting in the reception / administration area and provide a pictorial or virtual tour. They will not be able to enter the resident areas.
If you would like to discuss please contact:
- The Facility Manager at our home directly
- Brad Sandilands, National Business Development Manager on 0435 969 617
- Our national admissions support centre (for advice or for your local Regis aged care home’s contact details) at email@example.com or call 1300 998 100
We appreciate your support during this challenging time for the community.