Everything you need to know about home care packages
The government is making it easier for people to stay in their home longer. “Home care” is a how we refer to the help and support services that let you do that. The services cover two main areas, home care – which is traditional aged care, provided at home – and home help. Home help covers help around the home and companion services.
- Home care: giving you the support of aged care professionals from assisting with personal hygiene and care, to dressing and undressing, mobility and transportation, rehabilitation, and more
- Home help: lends an extra pair of hands with general errands and keeping your home running smoothly, including cleaning, cooking, shopping, transportation, and facilitating social outings
- Companion services: if you just want someone to share some time with, have a coffee, walk down to the bowls club with, or just someone who’s interested in having a chat, we have people who would love to meet you.
There are two ways of funding home care. Either privately, where you choose exactly the services you want to help make living at home easier, or with government funding, which helps you pay for the services you need.
What government-funded services are you eligible for?
Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be eligible for partial or full government funding.
To find out what level of funding you are eligible for, you need to be assessed by a health professional through the government’s Aged Care Assessment Team, (ACAT).
Regis Home Care can arrange this free assessment for you. And our friendly experts can guide you through each step of the process.
We also offer a complete range of home care packages should you choose not to have a government-funded package.
These range from care for an hour a week to a comprehensive 24-hour care package.
The fees for each of these services will differ. To find out more, please call one of our experienced friendly team on 1300 188 740 and book a Care Consultation.
What packages are available?
Whether you choose private or government-funded home care, the range of services you are provided are referred to as a package.
Regis offers both private and government funded Home Care packages services.
If you opt for a private package, we’ll work with you to determine what you need to make life more comfortable at home.
Government-funded home care package are made up of four levels of funding. Each level determines the amount of funding the government will provide for your home care needs.
The four possible levels of home care are:
- Level 1 – basic care
- Level 2 – low-level care
- Level 3 – intermediate care
- Level 4 – high-level care
If you’d like extra services, on top of the ones you’re funded for, we can help with that too. Regis Home Care offers a complete range of home care, home help and companion services on both a government funded and private basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most people have questions about home care. Here are some simple answers to some of the more common questions: